McAfee not working Windows 10 7 update – When you upgrade your Windows 7 system to Windows 10 then McAfee might stop working due to incompatible drivers. Incorrect Windows registry entries can also be the reason of McAfee not working after Windows 10, 7 updates. You can try to update the Windows registry entries manually, in order to resolve the issue. And you may also remove the Temp file or reinstall the McAfee software again.
McAfee not working Windows 10 7 update
Methods to resolve McAfee not working after Windows 10,7 update issues:
Method 1 – Repair Windows Registry Entries:
- First of all, open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key + R altogether.
- Now type regedit, and press enter, to open the registry editor.
- In the registry editor search for the registry key related to the McAfee issue to take the backup.
- From the File menu select Export and then from the SaveIn list search the folder to save the backup.
- Now you need to type the name of the file in the FileName box and then click Save.
- You need to make sure that the file must have the .reg extension before saving.
- After saving the backup file, you are done and you can try using the McAfee again.
If the above procedure doesn’t solve the issue then you may need to contact McAfee Support for the guidance. Or you can directly visit us at mcafee.com/activate and one of our executives will assist you. By visiting the given link you are allowed to install McAfee for Windows 10 free download full version.
Method 2 – Try to update and Rename the DAT folder:
- Open the McAfee by double-clicking on the icon from the desktop and then click on the cog to open the menu.
- Now click General Settings and Alerts and then click Access Protection.
- You are now required to uncheck the checkbox in front of the User Access Protection and then click Apply.
- Now search for the VirusScan folder on the C drive and then open the folder.
- Right-click on the DAT folder and then rename it as DAT_old and then again open the McAfee from the desktop.
- Click on the Check for updates option and then go to the General Settings and Alerts.
- Select the Access Protection and the tick the checkbox in front of the User Access Protection.
- Now click Apply and then close the Security Center.
You can also download and install Windows registry repair tool in case you don’t want to repair the registry manually. You can also contact McAfee Support for the McAfee Windows 10 issues or if McAfee updates not installing. The link mcafee.com/activate will allow you to download McAfee Windows 10 update or McAfee Windows 10 creators update online.
Contact McAfee Support for McAfee not working Windows 10 7 update.
Hope you like the Article related to “McAfee not working Windows 10 7 update”!